September 26, 2009

Just a little journal entry so to say . . . My life is so blessed as I have my best friend as my husband. We spend a lot of time laughing. Especially lately. Having our newest addition to our family has brought us all closer together. We have a tradition of riding our bikes on the greenbelt every Saturday. Today Jara and Rhett rode together. They enjoyed going "off road" and getting stuck in a sand bar. Jara loves the bike rides and is always telling dad, "go fast" - "dirt road" - "c'mon Mom" or mimicking a man on his cell phone as they ride by, "uh huh oh, O-K by!" Rhett didn't know what she was talking about at first! Boy is she an observant little stinker! Jara is attemping potty training again - this time instead of Poo stars to work for, she earns potty crackers. So far she is motivated - sort-of. Often times I have to PUT her on the potty. Jara is into "The Little Mermaid". She loves to sing with her - which is very interresting. I am afraid to say she has picked up on how to sing from her dad. Of all the times I have sung to her or sing around her, she chooses to sing like her dad. I have some work to do later on!!

Little Rhett has acquired a nickname. "Rock" is now 14.3 pounds!! He has almost doubled his weight! There's no trouble eating for sure! He loves to smile, coos and laughs with ease. He has this amazing 1/2 smile that cracks me up. I think he uses it after he knows his pants are full and will send the rest up his back so he can get another bath. He loves it!! I didn't know there could be such a talent but Rock can do it almost on command.

1 comment:

Rob & Rachael Heuseveldt said...

I Love to hear how your family is doing! It sounds like you guys are Happy!!! I am so Happpy for you.